StoreVirtual Storage
1748214 Members
3303 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Lefthand 4500 G2 failed to connect via CMC returing error " Read Timed out "

StefanoL
Occasional Visitor

HP Lefthand 4500 G2 failed to connect via CMC returing error " Read Timed out "

Hi,

I'm starting to gain back a control on 3 nodes of hp lefthand 4500 G2 for migrating after on that something not EOL

When i try to use CMC to login i can see the creds are right and it got any information but at the end keep wheeling on "Log in to manager" and at end return the error " Read timed out "

If i try to connect with the same creds via CLI ,it works .

Someone can help me ?

3 REPLIES 3
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Lefthand 4500 G2 failed to connect via CMC returing error " Read Timed out "

firewall/routing issue?  Most likely a communication problem with that respect.  Can you say more about where the CMC instance is located and if it is within the correct version range to actually manage the cluster?  Things like the windows firewall, corporate firewalls, or even MTU settings can cause this.  Also, I've seen in the past issues where nodes don't have gateway IPs configured and that will break communication to a remote CMC instance.  Normally you don't need to be on the same subnet, but if would be helpful for troubleshooting if you can get an CMC instance running on the same subnet as the cluster to eliminate the routing/firewall/switch config error posability. 

StefanoL
Occasional Visitor

Hi ,

thank you for your quick contact.

I tried again to connect via CMC but from a host that reside on the same network and i got the same error and i dont any firewall becuase also i got this error only for a managment group .For the second one composed by 5 nodes working great!.

oikjn
Honored Contributor

definitely strange.  if you have the ability, it could be that there is a corruption somewhere in the OS and removing it from the storage group and re-adding it might solve the problem.  I"m assuming support doesn't exist for the device and so you can't get HP to really look into the logs and help, but the good thing is that these are bascially utility nodes and as such are easy to remove and reset and/or replace if needed.