108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: LeftHand P4300 9.5 Firmware Upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ville13
Visitor

LeftHand P4300 9.5 Firmware Upgrade

Is there a way to get a copy of the firmware 9.5 for the LeftHand P4300 on DVD media.  The upgrade feature in the CMC does is not able to reach out, althouth it does have internet connectivity.  I would like to place the 9.5 firmware on a DVD and place into the DVD driver on my LeftHand P4300 SAN to upgrade the SAN.  We had a failure and had to recover the SAN using the Sysem Recovery CD and the SAN is not on firmware version 8.1.

3 REPLIES 3
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

you can download all Lefthand upgrade files just install CMC on any staion connected to the internet and

go to TASKS > Download all upgrade files.

this will download all lefthand files ( about 14GB) to your station and it includes any file you need.

Regards

Ville13
Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

I loaded the CMC from the included SAN/IQ software on my main workstation.  The workstation has access to the Internet but I get an error when using the CMC to "check for upgrades".  I get a an error windows stating "Upgrade information could not be obtained because the FTP server could not be reached."  Is it possbile that the Lefthand SAN I have is no longer supported and HP took down the FTP server?  Thanks again I may have to decommish the SAN.  Thanks again.

giladzzz
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi

probably with version 9.5 it will not work but if you install a CMC with a new version

12.7 or 12.8  you can download it from HPE software depot just follow the instructions I sent you

the full download is now 20GB but maybee if you just upgrade your CMC it will download

what you need. newer versions of CMC may not be able to manage your managment group

so first install it on a station not connected to your SAN.

Regards

Give a KUDO if this helps