1752296 Members
4965 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

LeftHand P4300 node degraded after disk replacement

George Mandiliotis
Occasional Advisor

LeftHand P4300 node degraded after disk replacement

Hello, we have a two node P4300 leftand configured with Network Raid 1. We replaced one of the disks due to a disk failure and now all the disks on that node are marked as Active at the Status Column and Normal at the Healthy Column; but the node itself is marked as Degraded.

What else we have to do to bring that node back to Normal state?

The User Manual isn't clear about this point.

My LeftHand runs Management Group version 8.0.00 and the Management Server Version is 8.1.00.0047.0 (are old, i know).

Thank you in advance, George

3 REPLIES 3
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Re: LeftHand P4300 node degraded after disk replacement

is it rebuilding or is it sitting inactive? The node might say degraded until the restripe is completed as it isn't able to be considered completely 100% until that process is finished.
George Mandiliotis
Occasional Advisor

Hi, thank you for your answer.

No, it stays inactive, no rebuild process is in place.

Looking at the Alerts the last alert that is recorded says:

"Sep  8 09:25:35 LHNode2 hydra: Management Group: 'ABCDE'; Storage Server: 'LHNode2' Status = storage not ready. Value does not equal up"

But the time that recorded at this alert is when my colleague had changed the failed disk. 

The only other thing that i 've noticed is that there is a 22min difference on the time between the two nodes.

Is it possible that the time difference is the cause of the problem?

Than you again, George

oikjn
Honored Contributor

time should not matter as I've had much worse time differences with VSAs until I turned on the time sync feature on the host.   Since the node isn't online, have you tried simply rebooting it or possibly totally power-cycling it off and then back on?  Might as well update the clock through CMC first just so its back on the correct time at the next boot.

Safe to say these are out of support or were you running v8 because of that whole "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mantra?