StoreVirtual Storage
1753427 Members
4802 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: P4300 going crazy when FOM disconnects.

Justin Vashisht
Advisor

P4300 going crazy when FOM disconnects.

I have two P4300 nodes in same site with FOM on the same subnet. I assumed the SAN would not care if I were to disconnect the FOM from the network. Well i did it and I could no longer ping the VIP and the server lost all connectivity.

Why would the SAN care if I disconnect the failover manager from the network? It was my understanding that the FOM is only involved when it is needed.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Make sure the "Manager" function is started on both storage nodes - otherwise the management group will experience a quorum loss when FOM or the storage node execution the Manager goes down.
Justin Vashisht
Advisor

Both nodes show up for manager status. Anything else I should be checking? When I remove the FOM the VIP does not respond to ping requests and it goes crazy.
Bryan McMullan
Trusted Contributor

Are your other two nodes Managers? Typically what you are seeing is when there is no quorum for the managers (this would happen if you were only running the manager on 1 of your P4300's). If you have less than a majority of managers running, quorum is lost and everything goes down to prevent a split brain condition.

In your setup, you should have both 4300's running as managers as well as the FOM.