StoreVirtual Storage
1752806 Members
6305 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

P4300 Present same target to two iSCSI Initiators on same server?

Timothy Morbeto
Occasional Contributor

P4300 Present same target to two iSCSI Initiators on same server?

Hello everyone. I am looking to setup two paths from the same server using 2 NICs acting as iSCSI HBAs to the SAN. Both initiators have individual IQNs and the first one setup I can see and validate the path, the second one will not see the target since within the SAN IQ 9 CMC it will only let me setup 1 IQN per assigned server. In the "HP Running VMware vSphere 4 on HP LeftHand P4000 SAN solutions" guide it states the following: "Configuring multiple HBA initiators to connect to the same target requires authentication for each initiator’s IQN to be configured on the SAN. Typically this is configured in the HP P4000 software as two servers (one for each HBA initiator), each with permissions to the same volumes on the SAN."

Is this still the best way to do this? Or is there an alternative, since about 1 1/2 years have passed when this doc was written. Thanks.

P.S. This thread ahs been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Small and Medium Business) to HP StoreVirtual Storage / LeftHand. - Hp Forum Moderator