108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

P4500 G2 lost license information

SOLVED
Go to solution
IanKirk
Occasional Visitor

P4500 G2 lost license information

One of our customers has performed a factory reset of one of their P4500 G2 SANs instead of clearing the config.

They no lobger have the license key that came with the SAN and it needs to be re-input so that new volumes can be created for testing..

When I try to use Support chat I'm told in the pre-amble that the SAN is out of support, I'm able to input the details of the issue but it always reports back that no agent is available to take the call

Help

3 REPLIES 3
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Re: P4500 G2 lost license information

Hi

if you know on what HPE passport the license was issued to goto

https://myenterpriselicense.hpe.com/cwp-ui/dashboard

enter your HPE passport and you can find the original license there

if you don't know on what account the license was issued to you can try

writing to this sites support referencing your systems MAC address

they might help.

Regards

give a KUDO if this helps

IanKirk
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Resolved.

I went to myenterpriselicense.hpe.com, logged in with my HPE account and then went onto live chat.

I explained my predicament and the agent used the MAC addresses of the 2 systems to find their basic licenses.

Thank You Sandy @ HPE licensing

Dusan_Rupnik
Occasional Visitor

Hello all,

When I went to https://myenterpriselicense.hpe.com/cwp-ui/dashboard and contact technical support there was only request from them to send order number, which I don't have it ... All I have is iLO License, and HP SA Adv pack NM 1-Srv... 2 peaces for both SAN P4500. They haven't ask me for Encloser serial or MAC address. I know that there should be generated from MAC and some serial ...

Actualy there was no good support from HP, and I'm start thinking about tossing those 2expensive SAN's in a circled shreder, (junk).

I really don't know what else and why do they need order number when I bought this over e-bay (2 x used P4500) . 

If someone have a real sollution please, please let me know.

I'm already trying to install as NAS with freeNAS and Debian, ...