StoreVirtual Storage
1752786 Members
6028 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: question vsa laptop demo

steven Coenegrachts

question vsa laptop demo

Hello, I setup the vsa laptop demo version on vmware server. What I wonder is the following, we want to use VSA to install it on 2 locations, and on each location one DL380 G6.
In the furure we plan to install esx on VSA, but I can't imagine how to do/interpret this. Can saebody short make this clear to me? I try to make an iscsi target and had succesfull link this to a windos server.
For the production server we are cooperate with a partner but I just want to test and play with it before being this product.
All the info is welcome!
3 REPLIES 3
Gauche
Trusted Contributor

If your question is how to install VSA on ESX than I'd first point you to the quick start guide and the user manual. They are both included in the VSA for ESX zip file.
Adam C, LeftHand Product Manger
steven Coenegrachts

Hello,

Sorry, my question was indeed not clear.
What I mean is how is esx working with lefthand. I my specific example, we have 2 locations and on each location is a server.
Is esx installed on the barebone? And do you install lefthand as a virtual appliance, and make esx use of the storage provided by lefthand, is this a right aproach?
Gauche
Trusted Contributor

If you are specifically asking about the Virtual SAN Appliance then yes, and the guides I referred to are the right thing to read.
If you are asking about LeftHand in general, then you are usually looking at a physical SAN appliance that you can connect ESX to natively.

Either way look for a doc called the VMware Field Guide for LeftHand. It has most of the setup information for ESX on a LeftHand SAN.

Should find that doc here...
http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA2-5132ENW.pdf
Adam C, LeftHand Product Manger