StoreVirtual Storage
1748007 Members
4827 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SANIQ 10.0 announcement and download.

erwin001

Hi, did you get any information about the Validate Storage Spaces Persistent Reservation warning within the validation check?

I'm in the middle of building a new Windows Server 2012 Faiover Cluster for use with a SQL 2012 cluster. Cluster contains 2 Windows Server 2012 nodes, with the DS MPIO software.  I have a HP P4500G2 SAN consisting of 4 nodes. The installed SAN I/Q version at this moment is version 9.5. I know version 10.5 gives support to Windows Server 2012, but reading your comment that you still  experience the Validate Storage Spaces Persistent Reservation warning, I'm not so sure if I really need to upgrade my steady SAN at this moment.

What did you do with your Failover Cluster? Did you proceed with installation or where you able to troubleshoot the Validate Storage Spaces Persistent Reservation warning? And did you experience any problems?

Also I found a article which could be interesting: http://www.hyper-v.nu/archives/hvredevoort/2011/01/array-firmware-as-a-limiting-factor-in-r2-clusters/ (Array firmware as a limiting factor in R2 clusters). It suggest to shorten the IQN name of the nodes. Tried this with the 2 Windows 2012 nodes but with no luck, Validate Storage Spaces Persistent Reservation warning still remains.

Thanks alot

Erwin

oikjn
Honored Contributor

upgrade to v10.5 and then you won't have a problem as long as you follow the manual for configuration for the initiators/DSM.