Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1748156 Members
3622 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

1800 24g connectivity problem

1800 24g connectivity problem

We have an 1800 24g (J9028B) switch that we use to connect a number of servers on a dmz based network. One of the servers is an old Proliant dl 360 running windows 2000 with IIS 4.0. This hosts our website for my organization. The issue we have is any other server on this dmz network gets very poor performance when you try to ping the old server. The first time you to ping the server you will get one response out of the four requests. Then if you try once again you get no response at all. Now just due to the fact it is a very busy server I might be able to accept this for blame but here is the strange part. There are a number of virtual ip addresses also resident on the same old proliant server that also host other websites on hte same server. You can ping those ips to your hearts content. Every time a response. Also from the old proliant server you can ping any other ip on the dmz network. Now normally this would nor be an issue because our site works fine. I am trying to work on a different backup scenario and I want to backup the webserver to another server on the same network. Since arcserver cannot reach the webserver I am assuming it is the same problem with pinging I was having before. 

Any ideas