New Discussion юеВ

Re: 2510 locks when 3500 poe cable is connected

SOLVED
Go to solution
GetItRight
Advisor

2510 locks when 3500 poe cable is connected

Can't find my post, so trying again.

When I connect a patch cable from my HP 3500-48 poe switch to my hp 2510-48 switch, the 2510-48 locks up, led connection lights go solid, and no lan access.

When I remove the patch cable from the 3500-48 POE to the HP 2510-48 the hp 2510 starts working.

What's up??

The cable has been connected for months

4 REPLIES 4
akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

On which interface you are connecting cable?

Have you tried to connect on someother interface?

Kindly share below output from both devices:

--softwae version from both

--show  power-over-ethernet

--show power-over-ethernet brief

--Config of working and non working poeinterface.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
GetItRight
Advisor

Ok. I have more information.

I'm able to see both switches even though the patch between the 2510 and the 3500 is not connected in the server room any longer. This means somewhere on my lan those two devices are connected. I also believe when two connections exist between two switches it creates aloopback and blows the whole show. Yes/No??

Is there a way where I can find which port (on either device) where the connection between the two devices is occuring.

I have cli access to both devices.

Bret

akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

Are you able to collect the requested commands output, can you pelase explain what is the exact issue?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
GetItRight
Advisor
Solution

Thanks for following up.

I couldn't collect the commands while the 2510 was locked up.

We had since found two routes between the switches 2510 and the 3500 switches.

Someone had connected a POE VOIP wall connection cable from the 3500 to the 2510 (via a local lan switch) in our purchasing dept.

We now have a single patch between the 2510 and the 3500 and everything is working perfectly.

Again, thanks for following up.

Bret