Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753518 Members
5131 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 9304 Routing Switch - problems changing port settings

Wolfhead

9304 Routing Switch - problems changing port settings

Having a lot of problems setting up new ports - can add/remove/change the VLANS to include a port into a VLAN but when I go to that port (in this case a fiber port with a mini-gbic in it) and try to change it's name, speed, etc it just says I cannot do that - to be specific: Error - can't change speed and duplex mode

Any ideas???
5 REPLIES 5
Joel Belizario
Trusted Contributor

Is this the only port with a mini-GBIC? Have you tried doing this in another port?
Wolfhead

Have tried this in all available gig ports - have found that via the CLI I can change some things i.e. change port name, but I cannot remove a port name completely for example - prolem is of course that I don't want to disconnect half of our network if I am not certain the port is configured correctly.

Another thing maybe related maybe not - one port I am trying to use is reporting being set up as 1000SX - but it has a 1000LX module in it - bad port?
Joel Belizario
Trusted Contributor

That is strange, are there any errors in the logs?

And have you tried contacting HP (assuming the switch is still under warranty / contract)?
Wolfhead

No no error logs at all that I can find regarding this issue - and it is not under warranty as they only give a few years on these sorts of switches.

Certainly has me and my colleagues a tad stumped!
Joel Belizario
Trusted Contributor

From memory the 9300 have very limited space for logs - do you have a syslog server? If not, perhaps try re-seating the mini-GBIC and monitor the logs when you do that.

I remember having a failed module in a 9315 and didn't notice any error either until we refreshed the logs right after we re-inserted the module. It was some obscure error message and with no error lights on the chassis.

Yes the warranty situation with these switches is pretty sad... the 9400 series are even worse, Foundry removed them from their product line just as HP was introducing them!