1747984 Members
4080 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hp 2524 questions

Leopold Giterson

hp 2524 questions

Hi,

1: I am using the time command in the cli-prompt, but after a reboot the time changes back to the year 1990, how can I make it permanent.
2: in the switch configuration for the commander I see "avis-public", however in other switches I see "avis-public@sw2 and so on. Is this normal ??
3. I am trying to login into the console via a serial cable to upgrade the unit, (using hyperterminal of xp) , the windows says connected, but I do not see anything on the screen, from within the cli interfaces I do not see all the existing settings are neither (speed !!)
4. does anyone happens to use the program spiceworks ? all the swicthes have the following : network connection route 0% of N/A
The programs does detect the interface and show stats for the interfaces, but not for the device as a whole.

thanks for all the help.

Leopold
3 REPLIES 3
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

for 1:
after applying any change type #write memory
this will save the configuration changes to the start up.

for 3:
in the hyper terminal when you create new connection, in the setting click on "restore default" now click ok and connect, press enter twice and you will get the CLI prompt.

Leopold Giterson

Hi,
thanks for the response.

Question, if I upgrade firmware from F.05.17 to F.05.72 will I loose any saved settings, vlan configuration for example ?
This is the commander unit ?

Thanks

Leopold.
Leopold Giterson

Shadow:

regarding:
for 3:
in the hyper terminal when you create new connection, in the setting click on "restore default" now click ok and connect, press enter twice and you will get the CLI prompt.

this is not working.
I still shows connected, however I do not see anything in the window.

Leopold