1753764 Members
4125 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP & Motorola Canopy

Steve Warden

HP & Motorola Canopy

Hi,

I have just installed an HP switch with NO config set yet.
All the equipment I have run so far has worked OK (NTP, CMM etc...)
This is on a WISP using CMM Micro to connect the Backhauls, Access Points etc... when I try to route the BH through the switch I lose connectivity to the unit i.e ping running to 10.0.15.xxx drops when I run through thhe switch.
(there is a link back to a CMM from one of the ports and using a Linux server on the HP I run the ping through the switch with no problem so the comms are there!)
Motorolas answer was that it must be an incompatibility issue with an ethernet compatibility. So I switche both to 100Full and I still cannot route through!
Has anybody else seen this - or am I missing something?
The unit is a 2810-24G (J9021A)
6 REPLIES 6
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

I don't understand your config completely.
I have no knowledge of WISP, CMM, Backhauls.

But I have a question:
Do you use VLAN's in your network?

By default any switch (including HP procurve) is only aware of VLAN-1.
And all ports are configured for untagged packets in vlan-1.

It will NOT automatically detect if links with vlan-tagged packets (vlan-trunk in cisco terms) are used, and these packets will not pass the switch in default configuration.
codered10
Occasional Visitor

Were you ever able to resolve this issue?  I'm running into the exact same thing and am beating my head against a wall trying to fix it.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Naj
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Are there has any radius accounting in between? how about ping side by side? it's working?

Occasional Visitor

There is no accounting going on.

I think this is more an issue with the Canopy system as I cannot ping the radio through any switch, but I can ping it if I hook it directly to my laptop.

Naj
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I have no idea on that, i had experience before which is MTROLA canopy connected to RADIUS and it's smooth no issue.. but how about if you play around with frequency in MTROLA canopy .

Occasional Visitor

Frequency isn't the issue because the radios can communicate with each other.  It's just that my base radio will not communicate over ethernet through a switch.  it will only respond if hooked directly to a computer.