108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProCurve manager

SOLVED
Go to solution
willinfo
Frequent Advisor

HP ProCurve manager

I've just installed HP ProCurve Manager and I don't have any informations (in device syslog or events) about switch although some of them have a critical status.

Furthermore, I throwed the discovery on my network and many of my switchs now hage got the critical status .

I wait your answers with impacience. Thanks
89 REPLIES 89
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor
Solution

willinfo
Frequent Advisor

I have this guide and I read it but it doesn't respond to my problem.
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

what is your problem ?
what would learn you ?
cenk

willinfo
Frequent Advisor

I would like that PCM inform me about the switchs events first because in the windows device syslog and events I have anything.

cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

hi send you pcm and switch event log message information pdf support all event info this two guide

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/3500-5400-6200-ELRG-0207-K_12_XX-Book.pdf

http://sysdoc.doors.ch/HP/7/PCM_EventsList.pdf
cenk

willinfo
Frequent Advisor

thanks for all ! I will read it !
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor

willinfo : make sure the windows box where PCM server is running, has no other application occupying the port 162.
You can do a netstat to confirm this. OR you could better use the tool "Currports" : www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html.

PCM needs this port to act as a SNMP trap receiver - and thus would be able to get the events from the switches.

If you find some other process(other than javaw.exe, which belongs to PCM) is using port 162,(One of the common culprit is "Windows SNMP Trap Receiver") then kill that process and restart PCM.

let me know if that helped.
Javed
willinfo
Frequent Advisor

Good morning and thanks for all your answers ! I practised the netstat on my computer but I don't find any port 162.
In the adminitrator guide of PCM, it's written that :

" To enable the Device Syslog function in PCM, you need to set the PCM server as the Syslog server. "

Furthemore, many switchs of my network are out because I have launched the discovery.

Thanks for your help.
willinfo
Frequent Advisor

I have just looked the discovery settings and on the seed device, I have the IP of my network 192.168.1.0 .

It's possible that was the consequences of my problem => the fact that many of my switches are red (critical status) when I launch the discovery ? I have to put a seed device like 192.168.1.1 ?