6362 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Inter VLAN slow responses

Richard Ralph
Occasional Contributor

Inter VLAN slow responses

Hi

I have a 2 x Procurve 5406 running k12.57. They are configured with multiple vlans/vrrp. A workstation on a user vlan (VLAN14) connecting to a server on VLAN1 both on the same switch is having extremely bad responses i.e 18 hours to copy a 1Gb file. If I put the workstation onto the same vlan as the server the copy takes seconds. Any ideas?

Thanks
Rich
4 REPLIES 4
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor

Re: Inter VLAN slow responses

Hi

Better for all of us to see the configuration of your 5400.

by the way, do you have IDM installed ?

Good Luck !!!
Science for Everyone
Richard Ralph
Occasional Contributor

Hi

No IDM installed. See attached config. I have just included the 2 interfaces in the config of the devices having problems.

Thanks
Richard
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor

Hi

B6 in Vlan 1
F3 in Vlan 14

- Have you tried to disable the VRRP (without deleting any configs. just no router vrrp)?

- Why the restriction on speed of the ports B6 and F3, can't you set them to Auto - Full ??

- Have you tried to disable OSPF (no router ospf) ??

- VRRP enabled on Vlan1 and 14, and this switch is the backup, so did you try to do the copy after connecting the server and the user to the VRRP primary routing switch ?

My suggestion is to keep the config. very simple and test (Vlans with ip routing enabled), once it works, you go on with other configs.

Good Luck !!!
Science for Everyone
Richard Ralph
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Ok I seem to have overlooked the obvious with this one;) The server is a MAC server and the port on the switch and the NIC were both forced to 100Mb Full. Even with this set at both ends the switch was showing that the connection was only 100Mb Half. As soon as I set both ends to auto then the performance was restored.

Thanks for your assistance.

Rich