New Discussion

Moonshot-180G Switch Module

RW_2011
Occasional Contributor

Moonshot-180G Switch Module

Hello everyone,

we did follows at our 180G Switch Module:

Booting the Switch
When the power is turned on with the local terminal already connected, the switch goes through Power-On
Self-Test (POST). POST runs every time the switch is initialized and checks hardware components to determine
if the switch is fully operational before completely booting.
If a critical problem is detected, the program flow stops. If POST passes successfully, a valid executable image
is loaded into RAM.
POST messages are displayed on the terminal and indicate test success or failure.
To view the text that prints to the screen during the boot process, perform the following steps:
1. Make sure that the serial cable is connected to the terminal.
2. Connect the power supply to the switch.
3. Power on the switch.
As the switch boots, the bootup test first counts the switch memory availability and then continues to boot.
4. During boot, you can use the Utility menu, if necessary, to run special procedures. To enter the Boot menu,
press 2 within the first three seconds after the following message appears.
Select startup mode. If no selection is made within 3 seconds,
the Application will start automatically...
Startup -- Main Menu
1 - Start Application
2 - Display Utility Menu
Select (1, 2):
For information about the Boot menu, see

1 - Start Switching Software Application
2 - Display Utility Menu
Select (1, 2):
Press press 2 within three seconds to start the Utility menu. If you do not press 2, the system loads the
operational code.
After you press 2 the following information appears:
Switching Software Startup Rev: 7.0
Switching Software Startup -- Utility Menu
1 - Start Switching Software Application
2 - Load Code Update Package
3 - Load Configuration
4 - Select Serial Speed
5 - Retrieve Error Log
6 - Erase Current Configuration
7 - Erase All Configuration Files
8 - Erase Permanent Storage
9 - Select Boot Method
10 - Activate Alternate Image
11 - Start Password Recovery
12 - Start Diagnostic Application
13 - Reboot
Q - Quit from Switching Software Startup

Erase Permanent Storage
Use option 8 to completely erase the switch software application, any log files, and any configurations. The
boot loader and operating system are not erased. Use this option only if a file has become corrupt and your are
unable to use option 2, Load Code Update Package, to load a new image onto the switch. After you erase
permanent storage, you must download an image to the switch; otherwise, the switch will not be functional.

After the option 8 we get the screen in the Attachments:

Which image we have to download and how we have to install it, that we come back to (Routing) ?

Thank You for answers

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) to Switches, Hubs, Modems (Legacy ITRC forum). - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Stancho
Occasional Visitor

Re: Moonshot-180G Switch Module

Hi,

as far as I understood you're trying to update the firmware of the 180G swtich. Herewith the required links:

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/products/moonshot/component-pack/index.aspx - HP Moonshot Component Pack Version 2014.12.0

"HP Moonshot Component Pack is a comprehensive firmware solution tested on the HP Moonshot System and delivered as a compressed file. The compressed file includes all the component files needed to update a Moonshot System. Users deploy the firmware updates contained in the Moonshot Component Pack via the iLO Chassis Manager CLI or HP Moonshot-45G/180G Switch Module CLI. This can be accomplished using HP Smart Update Manager, which is included with the files, or manually"

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03894526 - HP Moonshot Component Pack Update Guide 

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04026236 - HP Moonshot iLO Chassis Management CLI User Guide - p26 (HP Moonshot iLO Chassis Management Firmware and file management)

BR,

Stancho

I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details
Raghavendra_DV
Occasional Advisor

In order to perform the activity, perform by updating to factory default settings if you have change any configurations or customized it and then connect with Local termainal and configure it.

Attached user guid for your further reference, Hope this helps.

I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

RW_2011
Occasional Contributor

Hello and thanks for the answers,

but what i need is the image and how i have to install it on the level where you can see on the Attachment.

After i have rebuild this Level its possible to install the Firmware on the Routing Level and i know how to make this.

Greetings