4719 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PCM+ 2.2, vpn access?

Paulen
Regular Advisor

PCM+ 2.2, vpn access?

Guys,

I can connect via RDP to the server on which PCM+ 2.2 is residing. And I can do so via my vpn connection. However, I can't figure out how to use the client on my PC. It is not able to find the server through my vpn. I can ping it and access any other services, but no luck with PCM client. And I do type in it's IP explicitly when prompted.

Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
Ronnie Hamilton_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: PCM+ 2.2, vpn access?

Hi,

page 22 of the admin guide guides you through setting up an allowed IP address in the access.txt file. If you VPN IP address changes you can set up authentication. 23-24

ROnnie
Paulen
Regular Advisor

Thanx for the tip. But this does not quite give the solution. I have a SecuRemote VPN connection, and no "local" IP for this. If I understand p.23 correctly, commIPAddr.txt provides the "source" IP for the connection. I really can't figure out what that might be in my case.

Say the server's IP is 10.9.0.2. I only have one DHCP address on my NIC. The VPN client is triggered by the destination IP, and opens a tunnel towards my firewall, which has the route towards 10.9.0.2.
Ronnie Hamilton_1
Frequent Advisor

yea,

but read on if you modify the server\config\TyphoonServer.cfg file to allow authentication and modify the Riptide.cfg file on the client so that the client passwrod matches, it wil use this authentication process instead of as ip address
Paulen
Regular Advisor

Hi,

AFAIK the client can't reach the server. If there would be a debug option somewhere... I will try and fiddle with it.

Thanx anyway.
Ronnie Hamilton_1
Frequent Advisor

there are logs in D:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PNM\client\logs directory of your client. I had an issue when I installed it was looking for newer version of Java. check version is =1.5.0_09