1752630 Members
5837 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PCM+ server

imdad ali khan
Occasional Contributor

PCM+ server

we have PCM+server (version:PCM C03.00.106) I am not able to delete or rediscover the devices on PCM+ server, it shows discovery off. And few of the switches showing warning sign. I can't veiw the traffic flow for all the switches now. can you help in sorting out this issue.
3 REPLIES 3
RalphB
Frequent Advisor

I suggest you investigate:

1. In Agent Manager ("A" toolbar icon, Discovery tab, General sub-tab), turn Discovery back on, then see if you can delete and re-discover devices.

2. Check the status of the PCM Server-Agent connection:

i. look for 'red circle' or 'green circle' icon on the 'Default Agent Group' in the Navigation Tree (that is, the left-most pane).
ii. In 'Network Maps', 'Agents', in the 'Agents Map' look for green (good) or red (bad) status.
imdad ali khan
Occasional Contributor

i Tried by disabling and enabling the discovery it didn't workout.

PCM agent is showing red.
RalphB
Frequent Advisor

You say that the agent status is red. There are at least two places where you might see this:

i. look for 'red circle' or 'green circle' icon on the 'Default Agent Group' in the Navigation Tree (that is, the left-most pane).
ii. In 'Network Maps', 'Agents', in the 'Agents Map' look for green (good) or red (bad) status.

Do you see the red status in both places? If not, where do you see red status?

The 'red circle with white X' icon on the Default Agent Group can be red for two reasons: 1. PCM server cannot communicate with the PCM Agent; or 2. one more devices is unreachable by PCM.

So, the 'red circle with white X' is icon is not as specific an indication as the 'Agents Map' status.

Is your PCM Agent Local (running on the same PC as the PCM Server) or Remote (running on a different PC)?

Also, there is some helpful information in the PCM Administrator's Guide in the section 'Troubleshooting an Agent'.