1752432 Members
5975 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Procurve 2524, SNMP, MAC, Port

Stefan Bluhm

Procurve 2524, SNMP, MAC, Port

Hello,

I am developing scripts that configure the switches via SNMP.

What I need to do is a very simple operation. I need to read out the MAC address(es) of the network adapters connected to port X and remove them under certain conditions. By removing them I mean emptying the complete MAC address table for that switch port.

On the HP J330xA hubs it was quite easy. All I had to do was changing the port configuration to continuous and then back to learn first.

If I follow this procedure with the switches, then the switch will reenter the previous MAC addresses into the authorised address table.

Does anyone know of an easy way to clear this table via SNMP or a way around it?

How would I read out the MAC addresses that are authorised on one specific port?

Thanks a lot for your help!
4 REPLIES 4
cinscsu
Occasional Advisor

I was wondering the same thing. I'm developing a web app and am hoping to use SNMP to identify which switch port a client is connected to, and optionally to disable/enable the port. Can someone please offer suggestions? Thanks.
Stefan Bluhm

Hello Mack,

I have solved the problem. Unfortunately I am extremely busy in the next few days. I have written the code for the switches a year ago so it will take some time to dig out the code and reunderstand it again. As far as I remember, I have written a library in Perl for it, that can easily do this kind of thing for 2524 switches and 330x hubs by autodetecting the device.

I will post you the way how to do it as soon as possible. Can you send me your email address? That would make communication a bit easier. Also let me know if the Perl library would be helpful (I would have to check with data protection issues first though) or if you have solved the problem yourself, then I won't need to post it...

(Email: Stefan at Bluhm-de dot com)

Best wishes,

Stefan
Giovanni Trapasso_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi Mack and Stefan,

I am looking for the same kind of functionality and I would be very interested in getting a copy of that Perl Code. If you can send me an e-mail at:

trapasso at ualberta dot ca

Thanks
Tuzik3000

Hello,
I am developing scripts that configure the switches via SNMP,too. But i don't have OID for getting MAC address(es) of the network adapters connected to port X. Can you give me them?