Re: Procurve 2610-PWR stops delivering POE

Where did you find the 11_48 ?
Only found 11_30 :

http://www.procurve.com/customercare/support/software/switches.htm
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

R11.48 has been removed

For the R.11.51 can you tell me what firmware are you running now ?
DaFresh
Occasional Advisor

Actually R11.30 .
ARC Technologies

Happened again with the replacement switch they shipped us. Exact same symptoms. So whatever it is, it's not a single unit manufacturing defect. It's either a firmware bug or a design flaw.

I will be contacting support again.
If you think it costs a lot to do it right, just wait until you find out how much it costs to do it wrong.
DaFresh
Occasional Advisor

I am currently in touch with the hp support (here in France), give us lot of logs (show tech all) of the issue, with different firmware release (actually v11.30 and v11.58).

It seems that my ticket reach the level 2, but i am waiting for a feed back since 3 weeks ...
hope it will not be trashed.
Josh Patten

I've seen this happen on one of our 2610-24/12PWR's. I've found this issue for us was related to power coming from the wall. Our PoE ports would start flapping after plugging in 3 or 4 PoE devices. What was causing this issue for us was a cheap 750kVa APC desktop UPS that was outputting modified sine wave. As soon as we put a much better (and quite a bit more expensive) HP 1500kVa full sine wave UPS in place this problem disappeared.

Try plugging the switch into a different UPS or even a different wall outlet (try it without a UPS attached). These switches seem to be sensitive to the power they get.
Patrut

Hi, there is a fix for this problem available now in R.11.68, you can get it at the support line.
hakancicekci

Thank you , we will try this, i hope it will work
DaFresh
Occasional Advisor

Hi, just for information, in the hope that it will help, i solve my problem (with Kirk 600v3 gateways) by using cables without ground connection (RJ45 with plastic head).

I think that the problem come from the Kirk electric design, they had ground problem, isolate them electrically from the switch solve the problem ....