4733 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Procurve 4108gl Vlan Help

Mark Wibaux
Trusted Contributor

Re: Procurve 4108gl Vlan Help

Be methodical in your testing.

First start with a device in VLAN 2. Make sure it's default gateway is set to the VLAN 2 IP address assigned to the switch.

Then from that device ping the VLAN 2 IP address on the switch. This should work.

Next ping the VLAN 1 IP address of the switch. If this works then the switch is routing between the VLANs. If it doesn't then there is an issue with the routing on the switch.

Next ping a device in VLAN 1. If you choose to ping the Watchguard make sure that it allows pings from the Trusted interface. If this fails check the default gateway on the device you are pinging. If it is current set to the watchguard temporarily change it to the VLAN 1 IP address of the switch and try the ping again. If this fixes the fault then you have an issue with your routing configuration on the Watchguard.

See how some of this goes and let us know the outcome.

Netmin
Advisor

Re: Procurve 4108gl Vlan Help

Sorry for the long delay.... The problem turned out to be I had created the Vlans before i turned on ip routing and for what ever reason the routing didnt work until i blew the config away and enabled ip routing first before I created the Vlans. Thanks for all your help!!