5832 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Procurve Manager and Switch Firmware Updates

Andrew Davenport
Frequent Advisor

Procurve Manager and Switch Firmware Updates

Hi All,
I have installed and am using PCM 2.2, i wish to update the firmware of a number of switches using the PCM.
Do i download each ROM image for each switch manually or should the PCM be doing this for me?
If i need to download the images manually where do i put them so that PCM can find them when it tries to push it to the switches?
If PCM downloads them can i see where it puts them? Does it download them only when you actually do the deployment?
The problem i am having is that the network belongs to a school which is prevented from allowing any FTP connections externally.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Andy
4 REPLIES 4
Paulen
Regular Advisor

Re: Procurve Manager and Switch Firmware Updates

Hi,

PCM should have all current releases in it's database. However, it takes some time from the release is GA till it's in PCM's database.

You find this under Tools -> Preferences -> Configuration Management -> Switch software

I don't think this is possible to do manually, there are AFAIK no individual files on the system.

Good luck!
Andrew Davenport
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I have checked in the settings, the only thing you can tell it to download is the current firmware list for each switch, this however does not tell you what is or isnt in the PCM DB, when i try and update a device it looks like the PCM tries to download the FW from HP and then deploy, however as the site will not allow FTP the download fails.
If i cant get PCM to do this i will have to update the firmware manually.
Charles McMichael
Occasional Advisor

I haven't gotten PCM to do a download for me, so I get the firmware manually via HTTP from <> and unzip it into C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PNM\server\data\download on the PCM server.

The catalog file containing a list of all the firmware versions needs to be put there as well. It can be obtained at <>. If you can't access it at work, you may have to downlaod it from home or the public library and bring it to work on a USB device.

Pawel B

Hi
When you download firmware file (*.swi) manualy place it in %install directory%\Hewlett-Packard\PNM\server\data\download directory. You must also edit and modify procurve_firmware.prp file, see the screenshot, simply you must change the firmware version and swi file name.
At the end you must restart PCM Management Server Services.