1751868 Members
5325 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Redundant link configuration help - STP

Usaia Tawakevou
Valued Contributor

Redundant link configuration help - STP

I need help in setting up STP. Got a live enviroment with a couple of switches raning from 2524,2510,2824,2810,2900,2610 and 4204vl.We have implemented 6 VLAN's with buildings connecting back using fiber connection. one of the 4204vl is used to do inter VLAN routing. I want to use fiber/UTP/wireless connection to create redundannt connection between buildings. Am attaching herewith a picture depicting the current physical connection and the possible redundant links that we can use marked with dotted lines.

Appreciate any help in how to set this up. Redundant connection between server room 1 & 2 will be using wireless connection

Hope someone helps

regards
6 REPLIES 6
Usaia Tawakevou
Valued Contributor

Any helpers ?

Shadow13
Respected Contributor

for redudant links between 2 devices use trunk to aggregate the links, and for the whole network use MSTP and map the vlans to 2 instances to get the most of the redundant links
Usaia Tawakevou
Valued Contributor

Already got a couple of those trunks configured between some of the inter switch link. I want to create loops so that when of the switch or fiber get disconnected connectivity can route to the other direction

Thanks for the reply
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

then enable MSTP and configure 2 instances and map half of the vlans to one and the other half to the other instance, this way both redundant links will be in forward state at least for one instance and in case of failure the other link will be in forward state for both.

Usaia Tawakevou
Valued Contributor

Do you think that MSTP will work on all the model of switches that I have. They use same commands or different commands ? These are the switches that I have the following models delployed in my network:
2524, 2510, 2824,2810, 2900, 2610 and 4204vl
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

refer to the manuals but i think all of them support MSTP