1752730 Members
5763 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: TCPIP to a DECServer

Brian Lindauer
Occasional Contributor

TCPIP to a DECServer

Has anyone ever written a program to use TCPIP sockets to talk to a DECServer? I have my server setup to listen for incoming connections. When I write a command to the port all of my ports respond eventhough I only the command to one port. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian
4 REPLIES 4
Allan Bowman
Respected Contributor

I have done this in the past on a DECserver 700. I was connecting from a VMS system using TCPIP via Multinet, but that part shouldn't matter.

When you configured the DECserver, did you configure the individual ports? I don't have access to a system right now, but I seem to remember that there were 4 or 5 parameters that had to be set for each port. I also remember that things did not work "as expected" with the ports in their default state after enabling TCPIP on the DECserver.

Sorry I can't give you more details - it has been over 3 years since I have used any of this.

Allan in Atlanta
Allan Bowman
Respected Contributor

One more thing...

You may get more responses if you post this under OpenVMS-Networking.

Good luck!

Allan
Brian Lindauer
Occasional Contributor

Thanks I will look there.
Art Wiens
Respected Contributor

Log into the terminal server, set your priv's and have a look at what you can do with HELP DEFINE/SET/CHANGE TELNET LISTENER and with HELP DEFINE/SET/CHANGE PORT TELNET. Pretty sure you'll find what you need in those setups.

Cheers,
Art