New Discussion юеВ

Re: TopTalker in PCM 3.0

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael_Breuer
Esteemed Contributor

TopTalker in PCM 3.0

Hello all,

please have a look at the attached screenshot of the TopTalker statistics. I can see proper top talkers in Receive direction but I can't see them in Transmit direction - just a grey bar for all traffic. I would expect to see them in both direction. Is anyone to check if this is a general issue or just a problem with my setup/configuration?

Cheers,

Michael
Ingentive Networks GmbH
5 REPLIES 5
Michael_Breuer
Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to mention that the problem is on all switches: Always on Tx direction.

Cheers,

Michael
Ingentive Networks GmbH
Steve Britt
Respected Contributor
Solution

Michael,

This is a known limitation of some ProCurve switches, which sample only ingress traffic. Specifically, the switches that I know of with this behavior are the 29xx, 35xx, and 54xx devices. Are you seeing this behavior in other device types?

Regards,

SVB
Michael_Breuer
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Steve,

thanks for the quick response. I am using 3500yl only.

Cheers,

Michael
Ingentive Networks GmbH
Steve Britt
Respected Contributor

Michael,

It looks like this issue has been addressed in recent or upcoming firmware releases. If you're running K.13.xx on the 3500s make sure you have K.13.66 or later (K.13.71 is currently available on the procurve.com). If you're running K.14.xx then it looks like the fix is still undergoing verification before it's released, but at least it's on its way.

Regards,

SVB
Michael_Breuer
Esteemed Contributor

Product: Procurve Manager 3.0

Issue: Top talker are not resolved correctly, because outbound sampling of sflow is not working.

Solution: Software related issue will be fixed in K.14.48 / K.13.66

Confirmed by HP Procurve Consultant

Ingentive Networks GmbH