Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752604 Members
4391 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Upgrade from PCM2.1+ to PCM2.21+

Alan Clarkson

Upgrade from PCM2.1+ to PCM2.21+

Have done the upgrade from 2.21+ (unlimited) to PCM2.22+ and am unable to see any traffic stats on home screen. Nothing displayed at all (no error text). Also unable to see maps (neither VLAN nor subnet). Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Ralph Bean_2
Trusted Contributor

Re: Upgrade from PCM2.1+ to PCM2.21+

Allan -

Could you please clarify what you mean by 2.21 and 2.22? T

he latest version available (see http://www.hp.com/rnd/software/network_management.htm) is version 2.2.1 (file B.02.21).

I think you mean that you upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 (or 2.2.1), right?

Ralph
Alan Clarkson

sorry. from 2.1 to 2.21
Ralph Bean_2
Trusted Contributor

Alan -

I suggest you try this:

1. Click on the 'Dnterconnect Devices' folder icon in the Navigation Tree (that is, the left-hand pane).
2. Click the 'Traffic' tab.
3. Select all visible ports (you cna use Ctrl-A will work).
4. Right-click to get a menu.
5. Select ├в Automatic->Enable automatic mode├в .

This will configure all the known traffic ports to Auto Mode. Note that this will probably ask for confirmation because it is a large number of ports.

Ralph
Alan Clarkson

Ralph

When I click on Interconnect devices and then the traffic tab the pane underneath Traffic is completely blank except for the greyed out printer icon, new window button and the question mark in the top right hand corner. Also I do not hace a traffic icon amongst the top row of icons. Thanks
Ralph Bean_2
Trusted Contributor

Alan -

Are you certain that you are running PCM 2.2.1+ ('Paid')?

That is, if you go to Tools->Preferences->Licensing and Support->Licensing and look at the line beginning with 'ProCurve Manager Plus', what do you see in the 'Type' and 'Valid For' columns?

Ralph
Alan Clarkson

Have 3 entries for licensing:

Procurve Manager by HP, Operational, S/N XXX, Base ticked, Expires August 28 2015, Valid for Unrestricted Devices

Procurve Manager Plus, Operational, S/N XXX, Base NOT ticked, Expires September 14 2015, Valid for Unrestricted Devices

Procurve Manager Plus, Operational, S/N XXX, Base ticked, Expires July 21 2017, Valid for 100 Devices

Number of discovered devices = 153

Thanks again.