5063 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VLAN's in Cisco 3750 doesnt work properly with HP4204vl

Usaia Tawakevou
Valued Contributor

VLAN's in Cisco 3750 doesnt work properly with HP4204vl

Hi,
I just recently install 2x Cisco 3750G series stacked and configured VLANs on it. My currently environment is totally using HP switches with VLANs and InterVLAN routing. We have 2 HP4204vl linking server room A to server room B. The HP4204vl in server room B is doing the InterVLAN routing. The 2 Cisco 3750G (stacked) are located in server room A and there is an uplink to the HP4204vl in server room A (port A24 on HP and port interface GigabitEthernet2/0/24 on the Cisco)
When I plug in my connection to any port on the Cisco, I manage to acquire an IP address from the DHCP server on the VLAN 1 subnet. However, when I change that port to belong to VLAN 2 (my server VLAN) I couldn't acquire an IP address. I got some other VLANs configured on the Cisco stack that will need to acquire network address from the DHCP server located in VLAN2.
Gradually we will then move the InterVLAN routing to the 3750. But for the time being we just want to hook in the stacked Cisco equipments and just do switching and VLANs. Some VLANS on he Cisco stack doesn't need to propagate to the HP environment.
I have worked with Cisco router doing inter-VLAN routing for VLANs on HP switches, but not HP doing InterVLAN routing for Cisco switches.
I must have missed something. Am attaching herewith my configuration on the HP4204vl and Cisco in server room A. If needed, I can post the HP4204vl in server room B i.e inter-vlan router

Hope someone helps
5 REPLIES 5
Mohammed Faiz
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You missed out the configs :)
Usaia Tawakevou
Valued Contributor

Sorry, attache herewith
Mohammed Faiz
Honored Contributor

OK, so which server room does the VLAN 2 DHCP server reside in and which device is it connected to?
Usaia Tawakevou
Valued Contributor

Thanks for your response. I have manage to resolve the issue.

We can close this off
Usaia Tawakevou
Valued Contributor

Change Cisco spanning tree mode to "spanning-tree mode mst"

Configure VLAN's instead of interface VLAN. Configure cross stack etherchannel and Trunk at the HP side.

Working perfectly now