4730 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Backup and extend issues

hahmedma
Advisor

Backup and extend issues

Hello support,

i have very strange issue...when i try to perfrom a full-backup or extend any file system as follow it appear the following message:

scextendfs /var 1000

=>Sun Oct 20 15:41:40 WAT 2013
 =>START:   MW_OS Extend/Create File(s) System

ERROR:   Procedure cannot be executed. Another configuration procedure is running on system.

Info:    need more details, see /SCINSTALL/log/scextendfs.log

when i checked the log file it not contain any valuable data...

or when i perfrom the backup as follow:

ERROR:     Another configuration procedure is running
             scbackup procedure cannot continue. Exiting...

the log file for backup also not contain any avilable data as follow:

NOTE:      > scbackup
ERROR:     20-Oct-2013 08:33:09 Another configuration procedure is running
           scbackup procedure cannot continue. Exiting...
~

kindly i need from you a support on this issue...i had checked all disks they were fine and also the command of vgdispaly all PV are existed...

so kindly your support is valuable...

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: Backup and extend issues

What operating system is this?  The commands you're using aren't anything I recognice from HP-UX.

It looks like it may be from something called OMS from Alcatelt-Lucent.

I found a manual here, though I don't know if it'll help you or not.

https://infoproducts.alcatel-lucent.com/cgi-bin/dbaccessfilename.cgi/8DG41426LAAA_V1_1350%20OMS%20Administration%20Guide.pdf

hahmedma
Advisor

thanks for your feedback...

but really it doesn't matter the application is used but the warning message which is appear when i try to extend file system or perfrom a backup for the system...

Procedure cannot be executed. Another configuration procedure is running on system.

i tried to restart the system but it fail to solve the problem to overcome any running configuration procedure.

does there is any way to know this running procedure...i tried to use ps command but really i didn't get any valubel O/P from it..

thanks

Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

>>but really it doesn't matter the application is used

Yeah, it really DOES matter.  Trying to troubleshoot a problem when you don't know the application / operating system is VERY VERY difficult.

Would you go to the person that cuts your hair and complain because your elbow hurts and then be mad when they don't know why?  After all it's the symptom that counts, right?

The "configuration procedure" that is running on the system could be anything at this point.  MAYBE there's a lock file that something created that is causing the problem.