3783 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blad with RHEL

Fadia Almarei
Super Advisor

Blad with RHEL

Dear All

i install RHEL AS v.4 on a blad BL20p server in the installation i get the attached errors and after the installation i get the error message that i can not login to redhat network to get my update( the last message), the CD's is the origional and i try to use and CD's (from iso) and i get the same errors , and to make sure that the CD's is not corrupted i try to install the SO on another server ( Dell PE 2950) and i do not get any error , kindly your help.

BR;
Fadia
fadia.marei
7 REPLIES 7
Fadia Almarei
Super Advisor

sorry i forget to but the attachement
fadia.marei
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

You might try installing using a different cd or dvd rom on the blade. You could also setup an nfs server with all the installation files and install via nfs. You might also try burning the ISO files at a lower write speed. I have noticed over the years that certain drives cannot handle cd/dvd's written at high write speeds.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Fadia Almarei
Super Advisor

i try it using my CD drive and also i try using external usb DVD drive , but i get the same problem, the CDs i use is the origional CD's
fadia.marei
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

It does look as though your CDs and/or CD drive are faulty.

As you're using blades, why not try using the Virtual Media functionality of iLO...?

If I recall correctly you can also use that to point to ISO files on your PC, which will rule out any possibility of problems with media. Grab the ISOs from Red Hat Network.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
Fadia Almarei
Super Advisor

i do use the ILO and i get the sam error
fadia.marei
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

when you access the internet are you required to authenticate against a proxy? That may be your up2date issue.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Fadia Almarei
Super Advisor

i do not use proxy
fadia.marei