New Discussion юеВ

Re: crash dump analysis

SOLVED
Go to solution
JOHN TURNER_2
Frequent Advisor

crash dump analysis

g'day

im wondering what are the best tools for analysing hpux crashdumps, as i have a crash dump from a system and need to analyse it, as there was no information in the tombstone associated with the event

cheers
john
GUI's are for wimps!
5 REPLIES 5
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Q4 is the weapon of choice. See this thread or search on "q4":

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=945076

Pete

Pete
Chan 007
Honored Contributor

John,

crashinfo is a very good tool, you will get this when you raise a call with your local HP as software call.

p4 debugger is next better tool.

I don't have the location or webpage with me. but pretty sure that Hp will ask you to run and send the output back to them with that tool.

go for crashinfo is really good, this will produce a good decent report which any one can understand, but HP support will provide the exact problem.

To start with check your OLDsyslogs, dmesg after the system boot, check the tombstone for ts99 file.

Post yout ts99.

Chan
JOHN TURNER_2
Frequent Advisor

does anyone know where i can get hold of a copy of crashtool from, as we don't have a maintenance contract with HP, so i can't call them and get a copy that way.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers
john
GUI's are for wimps!
Chan 007
Honored Contributor
Solution

John,

As far as I know, i don't think you get these files anywhere as free download. But I may be wrong.

Chan
Sivakumar TS
Honored Contributor

Hi John,

Chan is abosultely right.

These tools are HP internel tools and we wont get it downloaded.

You can do a

#strings on the INDEX file

in the crash to get some ( little...) clue.

Hope this helps,

Siva.
Nothing is Impossible !