4917 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: define all process work under specific directory

itrc55
Regular Advisor

define all process work under specific directory

Hi,

how can i know all process work under specific directory Ex. /var/tmp/oradiag_elink/diag ?

i using  fuser but it's give me under all /var

# fuser -cu /var/tmp/oradiag_elink/diag
/var/tmp/oradiag_elink/diag: fuser: could not find file system mounted at /var/tmp/oradiag_elink/diag.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>how can I know all process work under specific directory Ex. /var/tmp/oradiag_elink/diag?

Have you tried lsof?

Any processes using files there may have them closed.  Are there any recent accesses or modifications there?

itrc55
Regular Advisor

Hi,

Have you tried lsof?

No, What are the available options to be used with this command.

Any processes using files there may have them closed. Are there any recent accesses or modifications there?

for both how do it that

Thanks

itrc55
Regular Advisor

Hi,

i want to identify the process creating that files "sqlnet.log" under this directory " /var/tmp/oradiag_elink/diag"

Because the /var it grows abnormally.

Thanks

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

The filename "sqlnet.log" suggests this is very likely an Oracle client log file. The directory name would suggest it might be related to application "elink".

The configuration parameter LOG_DIRECTORY_CLIENT in a sqlnet.ora file will determine where the sqlnet.log files will be written.

You should talk to the people responsible for the "elink" application and see if the log belongs to them and if  they really need the log. If the log is required, you should together estimate the required disk space based on their requirements and the growth rate you've seen. Then you should make the necessary arrangements for getting a suitable location and amount of disk space for the logs (e.g. referring them to an appropriate manager, if necessary for getting the permission to order more disks/LUNs).

It also might be caused by a temporary diagnostic logging that has accidentally been left on for too long. If that is the case, the application people will most likely say something like "oops, sorry, we will disable it right away."

MK
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>No, what are the available options to be used with this command.

>I want to identify the process creating that files "sqlnet.log" under this directory " /var/tmp/oradiag_elink/diag"

lsof should be able to tell you who has  /var/tmp/oradiag_elink/diag/sqlnet.log open.

>for both how do it that

find  /var/tmp/oradiag_elink/diag \( -mtime -1 -o -atime -1 \) -exec ll -dt +
find  /var/tmp/oradiag_elink/diag \( -mtime -1 -o -atime -1 \) -exec ll -dtu +

itrc55
Regular Advisor

Hi,

i try to use lsof command as following

# lsof  /var/tmp/oradiag_elink/diag

#

but  nothing output.

and for this command

# find  /var/tmp/oradiag_elink/diag \(-mtime -1 -o atime -1 \) -exec ll -dt +
find: bad option -1

Thanks

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>find: bad option -1

Oops, I had some missing spaces and "-" above.  Please try the edited commands again.

># lsof  /var/tmp/oradiag_elink/diag

>but  nothing output.

You may have to specify a specific file.  I.e. /var/tmp/oradiag_elink/diag/sqlnet.log.

For my test case, the directory only showed up if it was "cwd".  Otherwise I had to list the file that was opened.