New Discussion юеВ

Re: Dynamic Root Disk

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sum_2
Occasional Contributor

Dynamic Root Disk

Hi all.
I have a query on DRD. i have done the cloning and installed a patch on the cloned disk and waiting for next reboot to test the clone disk. Meanwhile i have added a user into the OS ( which is on the original disk). Can someone please suggest me how can i replicate the change (new user) in the original disk to the cloned disk? I belive if i simply do another cloing the installed patches on the the cloned disk will be lost. Can someone suggest me how can i do this?
7 REPLIES 7
Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

if you review the documentation there is defined procedures to copy files to/from the drd clone.

You could do a drd mount and just copy the passwd file to the drd / filesystem.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I agree, mount the volume and do the same modification on the clone would be the best solution here.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

which version of DRD do you have?
the latest versions have a "sync" capability to update the clone
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Ismail Azad
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi,

As melvyn mentioned , the latest DRD version has a sync and status functionality not_present in previous versions. Previously synchronization was done by "recloning" but now you can just do a drd sync.

Running certain commands might_not change what is desired for that you have to be clear with the concept of the "active" and "inactive" system image.

/var/opt/drd/mnts/sysimage_001/usr/sbin/vipw changes the RUNNING active image's /etc/passwd file and not , i repeat and_not /var/opt/drd/mnts/sysimage_001/etc/passwd! Do this with caution!.

That might sound misleading but that is how_DRD works!

Regards
Ismail Azad
Read, read and read... Then read again until you read "between the lines".....
Sum_2
Occasional Contributor

Melvyn/ Ismail,

can you please list me the commands for drd sync ? i have the latest version of DRD in my server..after the cloning and patching on the cloned disk i have added some users to the active disk and now i need to update the chqanges (/etc/passwd and group) to the cloned disk..can please list the commands ( using drd sync)? do i need to add the list of files modified on any of the file?
Ismail Azad
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Command... Just like you execute drd activate, drd deactivate etc... you can just execute a drd sync!

Regards
Ismail Azad
Read, read and read... Then read again until you read "between the lines".....
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

man drd
That should give you the information you need
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!