Operating System - Linux
1748111 Members
3535 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: error loading share libraries: libuuid.so.l: cannot open shared object file: No such file...

SOLVED
Go to solution
Yaboto
Super Advisor

error loading share libraries: libuuid.so.l: cannot open shared object file: No such file...

Whenever I execute the command to launch the GUI installtion of my application in RHEL 6.4, it gives me the following error:

./hpsum:error while loading share libraries: libuuid.so.l: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

How can I resolve the issue ?

I read in a manual that i may have to install the followings as prerequisites:

glibc 2.2.4-26 or later

. gawk 3.1.0-3 or later

. sed 3.02-10 or later

. pciutils-2.1.8-25.i386.rpm or later

. rpm 4.0.4 or later

. rpm-build 4.0.4 or later

. rpm-devel 4.0.4 or later

Where can I get those components in case I have to apply them prior to the main installation ?

5 REPLIES 5
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: error loading share libraries: libuuid.so.l: cannot open shared object file: No such file...

These are all standard components of the RHEL 6.x distribution.

If your system is registered to RedHat Network, just run:

yum install gawk sed pciutils libuuid rpm-build rpm-devel

(glibc and rpm are very fundamental packages for RHEL: I am 100% sure you already have them installed.)

Otherwise, you can get the packages from your RHEL 6.4 installation media.

MK
Yaboto
Super Advisor

Since all the needed packages are installed, The issue now is how to launch the GUI for the application installation without getting the following error:

error while loading share libraries: libuuid.so.l: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What is causing that error ? What should i do to avoid that error ?

Thanks !

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

That should be "libuuid.so.1" (number one, not lower-case L).

By seeing that message, you now know that the application also needs the "libuuid" package and whoever at HP made that list of pre-requisites has forgotten to add it to the list.

If the 64-bit libuuid package is already installed, it might be that the 32-bit version of the libuuid package is needed.

So install it:

yum install libuuid.i686

If that helps (or causes a new error message about libpci.so.3 to appear instead when trying to start the installer) then the person that made the pre-requisites list has definitely been sloppy in identifying the exact packages required, and you should prepare to install 32-bit versions of the required libraries as needed.

If a 32-bit version of the libpci.so.3 is needed, the required yum command is:

yum install pciutils-libs.i686

(The 64-bit "pciutils-libs" package is required by the "pciutils" package, so it should already be installed.)

If the error message really mentions "libuuid.so.l" (lower-case L), then the package may have been corrupted. Library names should not be like that in Linux.

MK
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

I have to ask why you have 3 seperate message threads for the same issue?

The release notes call for several more packages you didn't list above. This isn't the entire list from the release note I posted in the first thread, but as you can see libuuid-2.17.2-6.el6.i686.rpm is a listed package requirement. As where to find it, the package is on the Red Hat media you used to install the OS. If your system is setup with RHN, you can install the package as Matti explained

I also pointed you to the Software Delivery Repository (HP SDR) in the first thread. The SDR uses the native OS tools to install the componenets instead of HPSUM. This is explained on the SDR page http://downloads.linux.hp.com

--SNIP-- 

For servers running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 - RHEL6 Graphical Mode:

NOTE:

This applies to both x86 and x86_64 if the user elects to install the XWindows support.

NOTE:

These must be the 32-bit version even under x86_64 architecture as HP SUM and several of the RPMs require 32-bit libraries installed.

NOTE:

The following versions are needed as a minimum. Later versions of these rpms can probably be used as well.

яВз

libuuid-2.17.2-6.el6.i686.rpm

freetype-2.3.11-5.el6.i686.rpm

libSM-1.1.0-7.1.el6.i686.rpm

libICE-1.0.6-1.el6.i686.rpm

libXi-1.3-3.el6.i686.rpm

libX11-1.3-2.el6.i686.rpm

libXext-1.1-3.el6.i686.rpm

libxcb-1.5-1.el6.i686.rpm

libXau-1.0.5-1.el6.i686.rpm

libXrender-0.9.5-1.el6.i686.rpm

libXrandr-1.3.0-4.el6.i686.rpm

libXfixes-4.0.4-1.el6.i686.rpm

libXcursor-1.1.10-2.el6.i686.rpm

fontconfig-2.8.0-3.el6.i686.rpm

expat-2.0.1-9.1.el6.i686.rpm

expect-5.44.1.15-2.el6.rpm

zlib-1.2.3-25.el6.i686.rpm

libstdc++-4.4.4-13.el6.i686.rpm

net-snmp-5.5-27.el6.ARCH.rpm

NOTE:

The following version is recommended as a minimum. Later versions of this rpm can probably be used as well.

ncurses-libs-5.7-3.20090208.el6.i686.rpm

--SNIP--

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Yaboto
Super Advisor

Thanks very much for your contributions.
After installing all the packages mentioned above (except net-snmp-5.5-27.el6.ARCH.rpm that could not be installed because of so many dependencies it listed, about 6), I could successfully execute the ./hpsum that brings forth the HP SMART UPDATE Utility GUI automatically.
Thanks a million !!!