Re: FC issues on HPUX server

sapoguheman
Frequent Advisor

FC issues on HPUX server

Hi All,

# ioscan -fnC fc
Class I H/W Path Driver S/W State H/W Type Description
========================================================================
fc 0 0/4/0/0/0/0 fcd CLAIMED INTERFACE HP 4Gb Dual Port PCIe Fibre Channel Mezzanine (FC Port 1)
/dev/fcd0

fc 2 0/5/0/0/0/0 fcd CLAIMED INTERFACE HP 4Gb Dual Port PCIe Fibre Channel Mezzanine (FC Port 1)
/dev/fcd2

I am facing isues with the the /dev/fcd2 which shows driver state as asating link up.

So when i san the disks on the server disks witht the Hardware path 0/5/0/0/0/0***** show NO_HW status.

CAn some one explain me how should I tacke this issues,Also how can I replace this in case this is a hardware failure.

I dont KNow much about HBA how they work also I see both FC are on same port.

4 REPLIES 4
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

You should check the switch and the array. For any reason the server cannot "see" the LUNs.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
sapoguheman
Frequent Advisor

I checed with storage tem they say everythinh looks good from SAN side they say this shoud be a HW problem.

Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

>>everythinh looks good from SAN side

What did they check?  Just the storage array itself?

What about the cable from the server to the switch?  What about the port on the switch the server is plugged into?  Is it showing a link light?

What about the FC card on the server itself?  Does it show a link light?

likid0
Honored Contributor

As Patrick says you should check if the port in the servers HBA has light, if there is no light in the HBA's port, most likely the gbic is faulty, and you should replace the HBA.

If the HBA port has light, then get the Storage team to check all the components againg from the fiber cable connected to the server up to the storage box.

With the fcmsutil command you can get more info on your HBA, link state,speed, vpd and also firmware levels, you can check just in case you have  compatibility problems with the san switches,storage,etc.

#man fcmsutil

Windows?, no thanks