108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Fedora ia64 install on rx2660

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nyck_1
Super Advisor

Fedora ia64 install on rx2660

I'm attempting to install Fedora9 onto one of my spare rx2660 and am having many issues with the display. Currently I have an HP L1506 monitor plugged into the vga port and an HP dumb terminal plugged into the serial. The install starts off on the graphical monitor and from there I can select fedora to boot from the dvd which is does very well, then the display skips over to the dumb terminal where the display is all over the place. If the dumb terminal is used for an 11.23 Itanium install all is fine and i have no issues. So is there a way I can get the install to work from the monitor plugged into the vga port?
2 REPLIES 2
Paul McCleary
Honored Contributor
Solution

Just a couple of ideas:

- Can you get the install to start on the terminal and do a text install?

- Does the install still swap from the VGA output even if there is nothing attached to the serial console?
Nyck_1
Super Advisor

After some reading up I have accessed the EFI boot menu and changed the output to VGA and now I have been able to install Fedora. The VGA connection was setup as secondary so I'm not too sure why it did not switch over during the install. X does not display correctly on the monitor and this would be a graphics card driver issue i would imagine.