7458 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: firmware upgrade on eva4400 - few questions

iinfi1
Super Advisor

firmware upgrade on eva4400 - few questions

hi all,

I have a few questions on eva4400. We have SuSe Linux 10 sp1 and sp2 servers on x86_64 and Itanium platforms.
HP have recommended a firmware upgrade on our storage as they are very old. Could someone please throw light on what changes need to be done on the OS level for the OS to identify the LUNS upon boot after the firmware upgrade.
20 REPLIES 20
Modris Bremze
Esteemed Contributor

Consult the HP support on this, however, I think that firmware update doesn't touch LUN IDs, so everything should be the same after the update.
iinfi1
Super Advisor

thank you for your reply.
for 1 week HP were telling us that they dont need any change at the OS level. Now they say they need a HBA driver upgrade.
they sent us a utility (hp configuration collector) to collect data from all servers, and strangely it validates windows servers correctly and doesnt validate linux servers thru ssh password authentication.
it asks for a username and password where i type a normal user's credentials while SU username and password i type root. the validation always fails.
AnthonySN
Respected Contributor

iinfi1
Super Advisor

i changed the below parameter from no to yes and it started working.

cat /etc/ssh/sshd_config | grep Pass
PasswordAuthentication yes

Is the default NO or YES.
in CentOS i found the line commented.
iinfi1
Super Advisor

HP have recommended HBA firmware/Driver/MPIO versions to be updated to the latest ones.
can someone plz guide me to the procedure as I have never done it before. SuSe Linux 10 SP2 on x86_64 and Itanium systems.
I am searching in google,HP site but I am not able to get a proper documentation for the same.
please help
iinfi1
Super Advisor

thank you. i will check these.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Heya, yeach check out the updating software guide, that may have some information for you in regards to the OS side. It will also tell you if you can do the EVA4400 XCS firmware upgrade online or offline.

Are you going to upgrade the firmware yourself?

Please tell us which server and which FC HBA you have installed Solaris on.

Then we can hopefully find the right drivers/firmware for those and in there should be the installation instructions :)
iinfi1
Super Advisor

well.
storage firmware hp is going to do it.
before that they are asking us to do an upgrade of HBA drivers at the OS level.
dont think i m qualified to do this. but i am curious to know the procedure.
hence posted here.
i am reading quite a bit, i dont have test servers to do it. even the test is acting as a nfs for production.
so gona throw the ball back to HP's court