4774 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help on setting up MRTG or RRDTOOL

NDO
Super Advisor

Help on setting up MRTG or RRDTOOL

Hi All!

Please I have a couple servers that we would like to use either of those tools to display CPU, disk, memory statiscs, please can anybody suggest an approach, or even a step by step instructions in how to go about it?

regards

F.R.
5 REPLIES 5
Zinky
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately - on HP-UX, you NEED to build the tools yourself from SOURCE. But try googling around if there are folks who've build depots or packages that they are willing to share.

Only LINUX seem to have pre-built ones -- assuming you don't need to customise.

Hakuna Matata

Favourite Toy:
AMD Athlon II X6 1090T 6-core, 16GB RAM, 12TB ZFS RAIDZ-2 Storage. Linux Centos 5.6 running KVM Hypervisor. Virtual Machines: Ubuntu, Mint, Solaris 10, Windows 7 Professional, Windows XP Pro, Windows Server 2008R2, DOS 6.22, OpenFiler
NDO
Super Advisor

Hi

I am willing to do that provided that I have a step by step procedure.
Please can you guys help?

F.R.
Zinky
Honored Contributor

The "STEP" by "STEP" procedure in any SOURCE-only distribution includes many README or HOWTO files that litanise:

- compiler needed
- compiler switches if any
- ancillary requirements to build

Generally the process is:

./configure
make
make install

On mine, I have a very old RRDTOOL built on HP-UX 11.11. I used HP's aCC compiler as I had a tough time using GCC. I could not port to HP-UX 11.31 - but luckily the PARISC 11.11 executables ran perfectly well on 11.31/Itanium.

Hakuna Matata

Favourite Toy:
AMD Athlon II X6 1090T 6-core, 16GB RAM, 12TB ZFS RAIDZ-2 Storage. Linux Centos 5.6 running KVM Hypervisor. Virtual Machines: Ubuntu, Mint, Solaris 10, Windows 7 Professional, Windows XP Pro, Windows Server 2008R2, DOS 6.22, OpenFiler
NDO
Super Advisor

bye
Stoyan Angelov_1
Occasional Advisor

hi Nandinho,

i have provided some prebult binaries of rrdtool for hp-ux 11.23 (PA-RISC platform) packaged as "depot" files.
the newest rrdtool version 1.4.5 is also available.

you may obtain the depot files and all needed dependencies from: http://www.filibeto.org/~aduritz/truetrue/rrdtool/

if you are running hp-ux on itanium, there will be an "experimental"/initial depot available for that platform (ia64, hp-ux 11.31) in several days.

greetings,

Stoyan