Operating System - HP-UX
1753511 Members
4927 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: how can I import and activate a cluster volume group in a server with no cluster service on it

SOLVED
Go to solution
ziad_1
Frequent Advisor

how can I import and activate a cluster volume group in a server with no cluster service on it

Hi all,

I have to import and activate a cluster volume group in a server with no cluster service on it. Please can someone help on this issue. I have done vgimport succesffuly but when I do vgchange -c n the command hangs with no result. is there anyway to remove the cluster id from the VGRA to be able to do vgchange -a y on the server with no cluster service on it. thanks for your prompt reply.
ziad
7 REPLIES 7
Rajeev  Shukla
Honored Contributor

Re: how can I import and activate a cluster volume group in a server with no cluster service on it

Even if the cluster services are not active on the node where you did the vgimport you should still be able to do vgchange -a n and then vgchange -a y to activate.

Cheers
Rajeev
ziad_1
Frequent Advisor

when I do vgchange -a y it says conflict with configured mode so I need to clear the cluster ID but the vgchange -c n hangs.... any ideas.
ziad
Rajeev  Shukla
Honored Contributor

Even the man pages say that the vgchange -c n does not need the high availability software to be running but yes you need to run the vgchange -a n first and then vhcgange -c n (give it some time and see if you can see anything in the syslogs)
ziad_1
Frequent Advisor

yes I have done first vgchange -a n also I have wait more than 10 minutes for vgchange -c n even the other commands like top will hangs also and the server couldn't be rebooted even unless I make rs command from MP...
ziad
Rajeev  Shukla
Honored Contributor

Maybe the VG was marked as sharable also on the previous node
Ok, try his
vgchange -a n VGName
vgchange -S n VGname
vgchange -c n VGname
vgchange -a y VGname
Rajeev  Shukla
Honored Contributor
Solution

Also Ziad,
Does your environment relate to any of these in the below document
http://www11.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en&docId=emr_na-c01032079-2
ziad_1
Frequent Advisor

Thanks a lot, the last reply was correct the disks have write disabled due to replication issues and that's why we have got this problem.
ziad