Operating System - Linux
1751920 Members
4813 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to find a HP proliant server (blade server) is full or half height from Redhat or Suse linux

SOLVED
Go to solution
senthil_kumar_1
Super Advisor

How to find a HP proliant server (blade server) is full or half height from Redhat or Suse linux

Hi All,

I am working from offshore...

So Is there any way to find a HP proliant server (blade server) is full or half height from Redhat or Suse linux?
2 REPLIES 2
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How to find a HP proliant server (blade server) is full or half height from Redhat or Suse linux

Hey!

Don't you have access to the OA - on board administrator? In there you can see what kind of hardware it is (with pictures).

Do you have the system management homepage installed? Should be visible in there also.

To figure out if it's half or full height I believe you would need to check out what model the blade is. If it's a bl460c g7 then it's a half-height. If it's a bl680c g7 then it's full height and double-wide. If you find what model it is you can look in the quickspecs and there find out.

Or do you want to have something automagic to find this out for many servers? That I do not know how to do. Maybe you can get some info via the OA or iLO cli?
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Use commands like "dmidecode | more" or "dmidecode -s system-product-name" to identify the exact model of the blade, then look it up in HP QuickSpecs ( http://www.hp.com/go/quickspecs ).

In general, blades with model like BL2..c and BL4..c seem to be all half-height, and BL6..c and BL8..c are full-height.

MK
MK