4288 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

how to verify that server Linux Suse 10 see HP 1/8 g2 ultr 920 sas autoloader

FOBF
Frequent Advisor

how to verify that server Linux Suse 10 see HP 1/8 g2 ultr 920 sas autoloader

Hello

I have enclosure c3000, bl460 linux suse 10 server, 2 sas switch, alsoHP 1/8 g2 ultr 920 sas autoloader. I have configured the sas switch  with 2 zones (mode swith port), one for the storage disk msa2000 uplink port 1 and 2 in both sw (active and pasive) and the other zone using uplink port 4 for the autoloader., all server has access to storage disk,  i have presented lun from it, not problem.

But, the linux servers does not see any autoloader, one of these server in a DP Cell Manager, i have tried scan the autoloader with theses command:

# devbra -dev

# hwinfo --tape

None works, the output is empty, mi question is, how can i verify from linux if the server access the library, i do not know if the problems is in sas sw or drivers linux?

Any advice

Regards.

4 REPLIES 4
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: how to verify that server Linux Suse 10 see HP 1/8 g2 ultr 920 sas autoloader

Please run lsscsi. If it detects your autoloader, the hardware-level SAS connection is OK and the problem is probably a missing tape driver.

(lsscsi identifies all SCSI-like devices using generic SCSI protocol commands: it does not require device-type-specific drivers.)

If lsscsi does not detect it, then either the SAS controller driver is missing (unlikely because you're seeing storage disks) or there is a problem with the SAS connection or zoning.

If lsscsi detects your autoloader,run "modprobe st" to load the SCSI tape driver module.

If this helps, add "st" to variable MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT, located in file /etc/sysconfig/kernel. This will configure the system to load the module automatically at every boot.

You can do this with YaST too: go to System -> /etc/sysconfig Editor -> System -> Kernel -> MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT.

MK
FOBF
Frequent Advisor

Re: how to verify that server Linux Suse 10 see HP 1/8 g2 ultr 920 sas autoloader

Thank MK for your answer

I added the MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT="st" then boot the linux and nothing changed, the server does not see any tape (library)

Let me comment you the configuration, i do not know if i have a mistake

c3000 enclosure

2 SAS SW (active/pasive)

2 zone groups, zoning mode: switch port

msa: port 31 y 32 Assigned Multiple

autoloader: port 34 Assigned Multiple

After all, i give the servers (bl460) msa and autoloader access zone

Any detail please let me know

Thanks

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Please run:

lsscsi

and post the full output.

MK
FOBF
Frequent Advisor

Sorry i had forgotten, these are the ouptup from 3 server linux suse 10:

precc6:~ # lsscsi
[0:0:0:0]    cd/dvd  HP       Virtual DVD-ROM        /dev/sr0
precc6:~ #

sdsm70:~ # lsscsi
sdsm70:~ #

dvecc6:~ # lsscsi
dvecc6:~ #

As you see just one server has a output not empty, this is because the precc6 server has a DVD connected from OA.

Regards.