New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP-UX 11.0 Installation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alan Vargas
Regular Advisor

HP-UX 11.0 Installation

Hello

I have a problem with this installation, i do know really sure about the steps that i have to follow, please check my procedure.

1.- Install the SO hp-ux 11.00 from cd-rom
2.- Install Quality Pack last upgrade
4.- Install Hardware Enablemet last upgrade
5.- Install Diagnosticos last upgrade
6.- Install Software and Ignite last upgrade.

Please do i miss something ? do i forget something in orden to have a perfect installation ?

Thanks for your advice.
12 REPLIES 12
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Your steps are fine, your choice of Operating System is not. 11.0 is no longer offered by HP and will be unsupported as of the end of next year. It's time to move on to at least 11i.

Pete

Pete
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Take a read of the Installing and Update Guide available at
http://docs.hp.com/en/5990-6721/5990-6721.pdf

Page 54 gives a nice flow chart, and the rest of the manual gives you help on what to do.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Nobody's Hero
Valued Contributor

Be sure you have at least 9 gbytes free on disk.

Call your ASC to get a base patch bundle that you can install after the install.

Install and run Ignite in case you need to fall back to your original OS.
UNIX IS GOOD
Alan Vargas
Regular Advisor

hello Robert

i am not sure about the patch that i must install after my installaion, what patch bundle do i have to install?

Thanks
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

The QPK, HWE and Diagnostics from your latest SupportPlus CDROM will be adequate. If your CDROM is more than 6months old then download the latest SupportPlus files from hp.com

To see what patches have been created since your last SupportPlus CDROM, you can use the patch assesment tool at itrc.hp.com under the patch/firmware database.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
KRS_1
Frequent Advisor

You have to check for Latest QPK and HWE packs and install them.

Thanks
KRS
Nobody's Hero
Valued Contributor

Just to be safe. If you have a support contract. I would run the collect.sh script that HP provides and have them create a patch bundle that you can download from an HP ftp site that they set up for you. I would contact your support rep and have them create an 11.0 base patch bundle that you can install after the OS install.
UNIX IS GOOD
jamesps
Regular Advisor
Solution

Alan,

No need to worry about support contracts. Here it is what you have to do to make sure you have all the latest patches and make a customized set of patches and fixes for your own setup:

1.log in at IT resource center at HP.com
2.click the link "maintenance and support for hp products" on the left
3.click the link "custom patch bundles - run a patch assessment" in the right pane

and there you go, download the cpm_collect.sh tool (http://ftp.itrc.hp.com/wpsl/bin/doc.pl/screen=wpslDownloadPatch/cpm_collect.sh?PatchName=/export/bin/cpm_collect.sh) run it and upload the result to HP (http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/patch/addUpdateSystemsPage.do?BC=patch.breadcrumb.main|patch.breadcrumb.assess|).

You will be then able to download your customized set of patches and install them all at once. Simple as that. It did it for me in no time. The only difference is that I have B.11.11.

james
jamesps
Regular Advisor

Sorry about the "messed link" above. I don't know how that happened. :)

james