1748078 Members
5517 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP-UX Connectiong to IPA Server

FeredayS
Collector

HP-UX Connectiong to IPA Server

I have been having a project of connecting an HP-UX 11.31 trusted server to a RHEL IPA server.  I've found several guide, but they are all either cryptic or leaving out information.  I have had trouble finding the softrware, but, I believe I have found the client:

HP_UX_11i_v3_for_HPE_9000_or_Integrity_Servers_LDAPUX_B.05.03_HP-UX_B.11.31_IA_PA.depot

I have installed it and tried a couple of things.  I have tried to use the ldap_proxy_config.  I have not been sucessful with this.  Possibly my syntax.

I have run setup and gone through this and come back with en error when it tries to download the profile.

PFMERR 5: Downloading profile entry failed!

I believe I am making some sort of connection between my IPA server and this HP-UX.  If I put the wrong password into the the setup program, it will halt and not let me move forward.  If I put in the correct password it allows me to move forward, but gives me the above error.  I also have "PAMKerberos_D.01.26_HP-UX_B.11.31_IA_PA.depot" installed.  Would anyone be willing to help a novice HP-UX admin set this up?  I have been reading through the HP-UX book, but I feel it will be some time before I am able to apply the knowledge I am attempting to attain. 

2 REPLIES 2
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

FeredayS
Collector

Thank you for the reply.  I had seen that thread earlier and I am getting the same error, but there was no solution in that thread.  My settings in '/etc/opt/ldapux/ldapux_client.conf' match, except it has my information in it.  I don't have ricarduser user file and an ldapsearch comes back with no output.  That could be due to my error though.