1752488 Members
5957 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPUX CDE : dtgreet consumes 100% cpu when m/c hibernated

mhdileep

HPUX CDE : dtgreet consumes 100% cpu when m/c hibernated

HI
if we connect a unix machine using ReflectionX in windows m/c and hibernate it, then after certain time, dtgreet occupies 100% CPU utilization.
I think this happens because the control loops inside a library called libXt.so.1, because when we hibernate the network is disconnected abruptly. please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Can anyone please help!!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Shibin_2
Honored Contributor

Re: HPUX CDE : dtgreet consumes 100% cpu when m/c hibernated

Of course, when you do hibernate network disconnects. And the process at your UNIX side will wait for it.

What is your actual question now?
Regards
Shibin
mhdileep

Re: HPUX CDE : dtgreet consumes 100% cpu when m/c hibernated

Thanks for response..
yes you are right, when network disconnects the process should wait. But in this situation the process is consuming 100% cpu.
The consumption of cpu can be checked by top command.

the process should wait till some time and then kill ifself after timeout, but when i analysed the errno is set to ETIMEOUT after certain time but it is not handled anywhere.
and the control is looping very fast inside a function called XtWaitForSomething and consuming 100% cpu.
VILAS NAR

Re: HP CDE : dtgreet consumes 100% cpu when m/c hibernated

@mhdileep wrote:
Thanks for response..
yes you are right, when network disconnects the process should wait. But in this situation the process is consuming 100% cpu.
The consumption of cpu can be checked by top command.

the process should wait till some time and then kill ifself after timeout, but when i analysed the errno is set to ETIMEOUT after certain time but it is not handled anywhere.
and the control is looping very fast inside a function called XtWaitForSomething and consuming 100% cpu.

Sir

Can i kill the dtgreet process , consumes 100% cpu