New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ignite-UX - Installing OS

SOLVED
Go to solution
Adam Noble
Super Advisor

Ignite-UX - Installing OS

Hi all,

I have a problem which I need some advice on. I have an old N-class which I want to get an 11.11 image on. I want to simply install the foundation OS on the server but don't have the media. Do I actually need to setup a depot, update INDEX file etc or is it possible to simply swinstall from a cdrom mounted on my ignite server. I doubt it but its worth a try.

Cheers
2 REPLIES 2
Jollyjet
Valued Contributor

HI Noble,

You are going to install the os to the server on doing this you will be losing all your directory structure and data you can't do this with swinstall if you have media you need to boot the server with cdrom path. If not login to any 11.11 machine with tape connected type make_tape_recovery it will create the os backup in the tape and connect the drive to the N class server and boot it with the tape and install the os.
Thayanidhi
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,
If the os image is not in Ignite server then you can create one with below command from ignite server.

/opt/ignite/bin/make_depots -s /dev/dsk/c2t3d0 -d /var/opt/ignite/depots/Rel_B.11.11/mcoe_core

For the above command to work you still need Core os media to placed on ignite server. Change device name as required. Do not mount the CD.

Regds
TT
Attitude (not aptitude) determines altitude.