108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ignite-UX

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael D'Aulerio
Regular Advisor

Ignite-UX

I'm reaching out to all the Ignite-UX gurus out there. I added a parameter called platform_type to the Ignite-UX startup. I modify partitions and their sizes based on the value chosen at install time. I need to make some additional changes after the OS image has been installed on the hard drive. The value is stored in the file /var/opt/ignite/local/config so I could grep it from there. I was hoping there was some more elegant way to include post-install instructions in a Ignite image install.
Email: michael.n.daulerio@lmco.com
4 REPLIES 4
hari jayaram_1
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hi,

You can do a post config. The steps are documented in the below link with an example. In case you are not able to cut and paste. Please go to docs.hp.com and perform a search for "Installing netscape as a post config"

http://docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/fsearch/framedisplay?top=/hpux/onlinedocs/B2355-90772/B2355-90772_top.html&con=/hpux/onlinedocs/B2355-90772/00/00/40-con.html&toc=/hpux/onlinedocs/B2355-90772/00/00/40-toc.html&searchterms=post%7cinstall%7cignite&queryid=20040510-155540
Jairo Campana
Trusted Contributor

There are manuals and other miscellaneous documents written about
Ignite-UX that are installed with the product in the directory:
/opt/ignite/share/doc/*

you obteing:

FAQ
Image4.gif
intro_doc.html
recovery_sh.txt
README
release_note
ace_hwe_setup
Iuxguide.pdf
sysadm.html
diskmirror.pdf
makenetrec.txt
sysadm.txt
legionx
Michael D'Aulerio
Regular Advisor

Thank you both. Hari, I think that is exactly what I was looking for. I am going to try a new LIF file tomorrow with a post_config_script. I'll hold off assigning points until I test it out. Thanks again.
Michael D'Aulerio
Regular Advisor

I was able to create a post_config script and include it in the Ignite configuration. Turns out the parameter value I needed was stored in the /tmp/install.vars file after the install. I dotted the file (. /tmp/install.vars) and got the info I needed for my script. Thanks again.