1753755 Members
4656 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Kickstart RHEL6 issue with ProLiant DL360p G8

UsmanS

Kickstart RHEL6 issue with ProLiant DL360p G8

Hi,

I have kickstarted few Proliant DL360p G8 server with RHEL5.7 using HP-CMU (Cluster Management Utility) which works perfectly fine. Now, I need to kickstart one of the server with RHEL6 using the same HP-CMU. I have created the kickstart file but when I run the command [cmu> autoinstall "rhel6" nodename], I can see that the server reboots, broadcasts the mac address and finds the kickstart server and loads the kernel but then I get stuck with the following error and the server hangs ...

CLIENT IP: 10.8.234.1  MASK: 255.255.255.0  DHCP IP: 10.8.234.200

PXELINUX 3.11 2005-09-02 COPYRIGHT (C) 1994-2005 H. PETER
:
<snip>

:

PXE entry point found (we hope) at 8C64:00D6

ip=10.8.234.1:10.8.234.200:0.0.0.0:255.255.254.0

TFTP prefix: /opt/cmu/ntbt/tftp/

Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/01-e8-39-35-c5-38-f8

Loading autoinst-kernel-rhel6................................................................................

Loading autoinst-initrd-rhel6.................................................................................

.................................................................................................................................

.................................................................................................................................

Ready.

Probing EDD (edd=off to disable)... ok

After that the server just hangs and I have to reboot it.

Any ideas what am I doing wrong or what might have went wrong ?

Linux is friendly, it just chooses the people to be friendly with :)
1 REPLY 1
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Kickstart RHEL6 issue with ProLiant DL360p G8

Are you using RHEL 6.0? The minimum for the DL360 Gen8 is RHEL 6.1. Actually you should really start with RHEL 6.2 as there is a kdump issue with 6.1

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Technical Exceptions

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/linux/supportmatrix/rhel/exceptions/rhel-exceptions.html

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!