New Discussion юеВ

Re: killing tcp/ip connections on hpux 11i

SOLVED
Go to solution
Shivkumar
Super Advisor

killing tcp/ip connections on hpux 11i

Dear Sirs,

If we want to kill tcp/ip connections on various ports (one port) then how to kill them ?

Thanks,
Shiv
7 REPLIES 7
RAC_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Killing or disconnecting the port is not good idea. You should stop the process that is using that port.

You can check which port is being used by which processes.

netstat -an

lsof -i tcp:80
lsof -i udp:123
There is no substitute to HARDWORK
Muthukumar_5
Honored Contributor

Stopping tcp/ip connection will not solve the problem. It will come to an end on completly stopping that specific process.

Find the process id with lsof tool and kill it. It will solve the problem.

hth.
Easy to suggest when don't know about the problem!
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

tcp/ip connections may have been created by many different processes. Some of which might be very important for your system to be running.

As mentioned above, it would be wiser to individually stop the processes using the normal procedures..

hepe this helps too!

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Arunvijai_4
Honored Contributor

You cant kill a TCP connection on a port, what you could do is, close all apps running with that TCP, close the resposncible server or restart the machine .

-Arun
"A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for"
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

tcp/ip connections may have been created by many different processes. Some of which might be very important for your system to be running.

As mentioned above, it would be wiser to individually stop the processes using the normal procedures..

hope this helps too!

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
leaon_1

study
Mahesh Kumar Malik
Honored Contributor

Hi Shiv

You may download lsof from following site:

http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/cgi-bin/search?package=on&description=on&term=lsof

lsof will provide info on processes involved with tcp ports. They may be selectively killed

Regards
Mahesh