1752781 Members
6596 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Kyrocera cs820 set up as remote successfuly on hpus 11.11 but it will not print

John Jimenez
Super Advisor

Kyrocera cs820 set up as remote successfuly on hpus 11.11 but it will not print

I stopped the scheduler and set the following Kyrocera printer/copier up with the foloowing lpadmin, accept, and enable commands as directed from Kyocera.   I started scheduler and sent a print job.   The O.S. says that it sends it and I have nothing in the queue.    The 4 bins on this printer have paper in it.     Does anyone have any idea why its not printing?  thanks 

root@host:/var/spool/lp/interface>

=> #/usr/lib/lpadmin -pOPSKYOCERA -mrmodel -orm10.0.4.175 -orplp -ocmrcmodel -osmrsmodel -ob3 -v/dev/null   

=> #/usr/lib/accept OPSKYOCERA

destination "OPSKYOCERA" now accepting requests

root@host/var/spool/lp/interface>

=> #/usr/bin/enable OPSKYOCERA

printer "OPSKYOCERA" now enabled

=> #lpsched

scheduler is running

=> #lp -dOPSKYOCERA /home/iuser/.profile

request id is OPSKYOCERA-1 (1 file)

=> #lp -dOPSKYOCERA /home/iuser/.profile

request id is OPSKYOCERA-2 (1 file)

Hustle Makes things happen
2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Kyrocera cs820 set up as remote successfully on hpux 11.11 but it will not print

It looks like you have installed this as a remote printer instead of a network printer?

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: Kyrocera cs820 set up as remote successfuly on hpus 11.11 but it will not print

As Dennis noted, this appears to be a remote printer that exists on a system identified as 10.0.4.175.  The lpadmin man page describes the -orm option as indicating the name of the machine.  Have you tried switching from the ip address to an actual know and identifiable (via nslookup) name?

Pete