1753436 Members
4634 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

M70 D5259A Monitor

Robert Ohrenberg

M70 D5259A Monitor

I read the earlier Posting that gave the General Specs on the monitor. But this still leaves me with more questions.

Is the "Dot Rate" the same as the Max Refresh Rate?

What is the Horizontal/Vertical Active and Blanking times of this monitor?

What are the guard times and sync pulses for the monitor?

Thus far Linux hasn't liked this monitor at all above a 640- resolution, and I can't live with 640 on a 17-inch monitor.

I have the original User Manual for this monitor and was not able to find the information I needed there either.

Can HP not just publish this hardware information to enhance customer support? I downloaded a 225-page manual off the web for my SiS video card, which contained much more information than I would ever need, but at least the information I did need was there.
3 REPLIES 3
Vernon Brown

Re: M70 D5259A Monitor

I had a similar problem when Linux wouldn't recognize my video driver. I found that I could run Xconfigurator from the Linux command line and select 800 x 600 as the screen size (what I wanted) then experiment with the HZ rate starting with 56 and repeating it, going higher until it failed. Then I backed down to the highest refresh rate it would take.
Keep on chuggin !!
Kristof Van Damme

I don't know what distribution you have, but RedHat Linux 6.2 has this monitor in the Xconfigurator database:

HP; HP D5259A Pavilion M70 Monitor; HWP148B; 31.468-71.0; 56.0-85.0

with the last 2 columns meaning: ;

So, on RedHat all you need to do is run Xconfigurator and select the model.
Charles Slivkoff
Respected Contributor

The specifications on this and several other monitors is included on this site:

http://www.hp.com/visualize/support/technotes/linux/monitor.html