1752553 Members
4706 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL6030 Under Red Hat AS version 4 U4

redouane_1

MSL6030 Under Red Hat AS version 4 U4

We have installed Red Hat Enterprise linux AS version 4 update 4 on two Itanium
(IA64) RX7620 servers connected to MSL6030 Tape Library via two SAN switches brocade 2/16V.

Each server has two dual HBA connected to the SAN switches mentioned above.

OS can only detect the MSL6000. Without detecting the two Ultrium-2 SCSI tape drives and the Medium changer!!

What shall i do to detect the missing devices, in spite of the NSR mapping is configured well because Windows servers can detect these devices without any problem?
Is there any command or utility to let the OS detect these two tape drives and changer????

Please advise.
Redouane N.
5 REPLIES 5
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

If you don't have installed the fibreutils package, do it now.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/21485.html

Use hp_rescan -a and lssd to check if you can see the devices.

Also, install hp LTT:

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/ltt/index.html
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
redouane_1

Hello,

But are you sure that i must install the following packages?? before it was working good without installing the packages that you told me about? so what do you think?!

sure i will give a try...

Regards,

Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

These packages and commands will help to diagnose the problem. The lssd will display the attached devices and ltt will allow you to test the devices.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
redouane_1

In my case i am afraid to use those commands and tools, we have 2 servers clustered (RAC)... and m not using multipath tools or packages... i will attach a log for u to take a look and see...

Regards,
redouane_1

Check the Dmesg...
I did attach...

Regards,
Redouane N.